Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Does anyone kwow Express Publishing books?    

Does anyone kwow Express Publishing books?

atsitab
Portugal

Does anyone kwow Express Publishing books?

Hi! Good evening!

Does anybody know any books from Express Publishing? I�d like to know your opinion about it.  I�m having a little pressure to adopt it, but I�m not sure about them.
Could you, please, send me a private message with your opinion about it.  At the moment I�m using Longman�s Books "New Action 1" and "New Action 2".

Thank you all,

4 Feb 2009      

Greek Professor
Greece

Hi atsitab,

I have some knowledge. What exactly would you like to know?

4 Feb 2009     

atsitab
Portugal

Do you like them, do you think they are good.

I�m using Welcome Starter a, for 1st graders (6 years old), but I don�t like it!  Next year I have to choose the book for my 5th graders and I am getting some pressure from some people in order to adopt it, but I�m not sure.

4 Feb 2009     

a isabel
Portugal

I love FCE USE od English, Cambridge Examination by Virgina Evans, published by Express Publishing, but don�t know any Syllabus for the 5th year. Sorry, can�t help much!

4 Feb 2009     

atsitab
Portugal

Thanks anyway!

I�ve seen their books for 9th grade and I like them, but not their books for primary school kids.  I�ll just have to analyse them quite well before I decide (I was asked to help them revising the book and make some suggestions to improve the course book they are preparing for 5th graders, but I want to make sure it is a good idea before I make a decision).

4 Feb 2009     

Greek Professor
Greece

well i dont like it either... if the person who is pressuring you is your boss, try explaining that the book isnt up to the standard for your kids.

Get them to come into one of your lessons.. or produce a lesson for them...

I only like the FCE and Prof. books
i dont use anything for the young ones..

4 Feb 2009     

atsitab
Portugal

Thanks so much, Greek Professor!

It really helps me to know that I�m not the only one who isn�t fond of those books.  I work with Welcome starter a and Welcome aboard 2, but I don�t like them. 
My colleagues work with Winners, for 9th grade and that isn�t bad, but my boss is pressuring me because the responsible for Express Publishing has some influence on her.

Well, thanks anyway.

I�ll have to be calm and try to explain my point of view.

4 Feb 2009     

Greek Professor
Greece

Why dont you get your boss to bring in a so called express publishing teacher to show you aroung the book...

Ask her to teach it to you... This way things can be proven..
or you can tell her what to teach..

Opinion..
Good luck

This influence?... Has to to do with production... I think...$ wise..

4 Feb 2009     

atsitab
Portugal

Yes, Greek Professor,

This is a delicate situation, more complicated than it seems, but I�ll try to figure out a way of not compromising myself, without hurting anyone.

It helps me to know other teachers� opinion and I have received some replies.  They have helped me to feel more confident in my opinion.  (I was afraid to be the only one not to be very fond of these books.  I�m happy that I�m not the only one.  This way I feel more confident.)

Thank you all!

:o)

5 Feb 2009     

sviviana
Portugal

Hello atsitab!

Last year I had to work with those awful books in my 3rd and 4th year students! I simply hated them!!Dead

Never what them again, in fact last year I hardly used them. My opinion was shared with almost all the teacher who had to work with them!

5 Feb 2009     

lucak (F)
Czech Republic

I have the opposite meaning. We use the whole series of Welcome books (Starter a, b, 1, 2). I like them and my students, too. They have the easy structure: there are 14 units, each unit is devided into 3 lessons (the third one is for revising). We have lots children with learning disabilities. They like the book, video lessons and CR-ROM as well.� I used Project (some years ago), but students didn�t like them... �Project was too difficult for them.

5 Feb 2009     

1    2    Next >