Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > New Word for The Word of The Day Contest    

New Word for The Word of The Day Contest

oumsalsabil
Algeria

New Word for The Word of The Day Contest

Thank you Moody for choosing me the winner of the WOD contest and for the links you �ve sent me for selecting the new word. Dear friends, as I �ve said to Moody this is the first time I win the contest but it was my second participation in the game and here is my new word for you :valetudinarian
Hope it hasn �t been dealt with before. Go ahead with your CREATIVE DEFINITIONS (but not a real definition oF course). I will declare the winner on Monday. Good luck.

1 Feb 2014      

mohamedthabet
Tunisia

The post-revolution valetudinarian drop  has undoubtedly discouraged many foreign investors from engaging in economic projects, but now that our economy is recovering many businessmen will change their minds.
VALE = value (valeur)
TU = Tunisian
DINAR = dinar
IAN = suffix to make adjective

valetudinarian drop = the decrease in the value of the Tunisian Dinar.

1 Feb 2014     

edrodmedina
United States

I know exactly what this word means because I was a valetudinarian. I graduated top of my class and therfore was given this great honor. A valetudinarian is an academic title conferred upon the student who delivers the closing or farewell statement at a graduation ceremony at a school where one learns to park cars for others. Ed

This a picture of me (the one in red)shortly after graduation and before I lost my hair, my teeth and my personality.

1 Feb 2014     

sarguero
Spain

Valetudinarian       

Valet = Servant             Dinarian = Planet Dinar inhabitant

Someone whose job is parking UFOs in Dinar

2 Feb 2014