Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOD 5.2.2014    

WOD 5.2.2014

edrodmedina
United States

WOD 5.2.2014

Thank you oumsalsabil for choosing me as the winner of WOD. We �ve been battling a snow storm here in the northeastern part of the States so I�ve been a tad preoccupied. The new WOD is GYMNOPHORIA. Let�s see what creative definitions the great members of ESLprintables can come up with. Remember we don�t want the actual definition but a clever made up one. Good luck. Ed

5 Feb 2014      

minimal70
Morocco

Watch what you wear; you are being watched

5 Feb 2014     

alien boy
Japan

It �s the joyous feeling you get from not going to the gym!

5 Feb 2014     

MoodyMoody
United States

I �d like to participate, but alien boy has the perfect fake definition. Just give it to him, already!

5 Feb 2014     

MissMelissa12
Peru

Wow, Alien boy!!
You�re  still here...

5 Feb 2014     

[email protected]
Thailand

A certain unsteadiness, dizzyness even - combined with heightened heart rate and release of endorphins and adrenaline on smelling freshly, polished parquet or waxed hickory hardwood.

5 Feb 2014     

sarguero
Spain

Gymmnos = From the greek naked                euphoria = Loreen �s song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcnWysA9gxo

Gymnophoria is singing a song when you are having a shower.

6 Feb 2014     

douglas
United States

Since AB and I thought teh same thing I �ll just expand a little on his and add:

"...and going for a huge ice cream sundae instead."

or chili-cheese fries
or a Big Mac
or a bacon double cheese burger with egg
or ...

6 Feb 2014     

isa2
Austria

Just to put my two cents worth in:

I �s the feeling a sportsman/woman has who - after a long training session - drinks a big glass of beer in one gulp, saying AHHH when the savor of the pH factor 5  prevents his mouth from drying up.

gymn = a gymnast
o � = of (like: bottle o � beer)
pH = a number that shows how much acid or alkaline a liquid contains >>> here: pH5 for beer)
ori = orifice (opening in the body)
a = ahh (the sound one makes when extremely satisfied)

So the spelling should be changed into  GYMNOPHORIAHH.

6 Feb 2014     

mohamedthabet
Tunisia

GYMNOPHORIA = name of a group of hackers, who are rebellious against cyber technology.

GYM (acronym) = Google Yahoo Microsoft
NOP (acronym) = No Operation
Horia / Horea = Group / community named after an 18th century leader of a peasant rebellion in Romania.

(Horia / Horea = From Romanian horă, a type of circle dance. This was the nickname of Vasile Ursu Nicola (1731-1785), a leader of a peasant rebellion in Romania. He was eventually captured, tortured and executed.)

6 Feb 2014     

Jayho
Australia

GYMNOPHORIA

It�s the delight a gymnist feels when finally conquering what they personally feel is the most challenging gymnastic move for themselves

6 Feb 2014     

1    2    Next >