Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Movies in the ESL classroom    

Movies in the ESL classroom

cbenglish
United States

Movies in the ESL classroom

Hi Everyone ^_^

With the Oscars quickly approaching I just wanted to take the opportunity to say what a great resource movies are in class for ESL learners. A carefully planned out and organized movie or video lesson can be very entertaining and educational for students. So I just have a few questions and hope to get some feedback from anyone that wants to join the conversation:

What movies or video clips to find useful in your ESL lessons?
How often do you use video in your lessons?
What �s your favorite movie of all time?
What movie would you like to see win the Oscar this year for best picture?

28 Feb 2014      

alex076
Italy

Hi :-)
I love talking about films, thanks for this nice opportunity.
1. I often use fantasy films (e.g. Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings) but also historical-literary ones (Oliver Twist).
2. I frequently employ educational videos, especially in my CLIL classes (History, Science, Geography, Art in English). These videos are precious, some are fun, some are rich in information - my students love them! I usually prefer shorter videos (5/8 minutes or so): this gives me the time to do lots of follow-up activities.
3. Forrest Gump.
4. I think �12 Years a Slave� will win, but I hope Di Caprio is awarded the Best Actor Oscar, he was EXCELLENT in �The Wolf of Wall Street�.
Big hugs,
Alessandra

28 Feb 2014