Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the Day    

Word of the Day

MoodyMoody
United States

Word of the Day

Thank you, florimago, for choosing my definition as the WoD winner! I may regret this, but I will use this word anyway:.

APROSEXIA.

Please try to keep all comments near the boundaries of good taste. (For Americans, that means R-rated at worst; no X or NC-17.) Do not post the real definition, only your funniest and only semi-dirty definitions, please. (Knowing edrodmedina and sarguero, these two will probably have a field day with it, but everyone is welcome to join in.)

3 Apr 2014      

ascincoquinas
Portugal

sex abstinence before marriage practiced by Amish people.

3 Apr 2014     

edrodmedina
United States

Aprosexia is another word for a call girl; a pro at sex. The rest of us are just amateurs. Ed

3 Apr 2014     

Manuhk
Hong Kong

Aprosexia (noun)
The approximate number of times people have sex within a certain time period. Not to be confused with prosexia and/or antisexia Wink

4 Apr 2014     

douglas
United States

Aprosexia refers to the information one finds in Tabloid newspapers and such:

A - an article
Pro �s - belngs to a professional (e.g. a professional athlete)
ex - ex-wife, girlfriend, agent, etc.
i.a.- Inter alia, Latin meaning among other things

Tabloids love to speak/write about celebrities � and professional �s broken relationships and other "dirty laundry"--they write about aprosexia.

Cheers,
Douglas

4 Apr 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

It �s the wonderful feeling you get when you are in Rome with your fancyman (Roma � molto bella/When you �re with a nice young feller). You �ve had your spritz aperol and your mind turns to afternoon delight...

Ap (aperol)
Prose (prosecco)
 .................................. A wonderful afternoon.

4 Apr 2014     

oumsalsabil
Algeria

Aprosexia is a title given to the winner in the�Miss Beautiful Ape�, an unusual beauty contest that was run on June 1972  by Gary Owens ,a Radio and TV personality in Century City,California . This contest coincided with the release of �Conquest of the Planet of the Apes,� the fourth movie in the �Planet of the Apes� series. The winner, Dominique Green, contestant No. 2, who was given the title of "aprosexia", won a role in the future �Battle for the Planet of the Apes,� the fifth movie in the series.
The term is a blend of: ape+ rose+ sexy= the most attractive and sexiest ape

4 Apr 2014     

sarguero
Spain

Apron + sexia = Speaking about cooking, that piece of cloth you share with your honey at the kitchen.   (Always me at home, my wife thinks the cooker is a nuclear power plant)

4 Apr 2014