Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > a little tweaking on my "Velentines Day with a twist" worksheet!    

a little tweaking on my "Velentines Day with a twist" worksheet!

soleole
Uruguay

a little tweaking on my "Velentines Day with a twist" worksheet!

Hi guys,
First of all thanks to all for downloading my wss and leaving such wonderful comments. It´s really nice to know you talented profs find my work helpful! :-)

Anyway, regarding my worksheets (which appears on today´s new additions) "Valantine´s day, with a twist" I thought of a couple of more things that you guys could add to it.
I will update the ws but for all those who´ve already download it maybe you´ll see this post! :-)
On the advance level ws, you could also use the word INFATUATED WITH on the first exercise, maybe instead of "adores" (first sentence) I just thought it would be a nice word to introduce to advance students, it just didn´t occur to me before!
Also, for advanced students, you could get them to write their own definition of romanticism (instead of the ´forum post´ if you have adults), and then compare with the one from wikipedia or other encyclopaedia.
A nice warmer would also be to ask them if they consider themselves the romantic kind, what they consider a romantic date, etc...
I think that´s it for now, I haven´t come up with anything new for the intermediate level ws.

Thanks and have fun! Thumbs Up

PS. on the first exercise you can also change the names I put (which are my student´s names) to your student´s names! since they are all romance-related sentences, it can make for some laughs! :o)

10 Feb 2009