Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Teachers….. Please consider……..    

Teachers….. Please consider……..

karagozian
France

I completely agree with David dear dear Douglas !!!

12 May 2014     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

@Douglas: the problem was that we only heard pinkblossom ´s interpretation of your words and were trying to advise on what to do in case someone threatened her.
If she had posted the content of the message she had received, we would have been in the clear from the start. I personally see no threat in what you ´ve posted at all. I still don ´t get it, did you or did you not give the corrected version in your message to her?

@pinkblossom: it´s considered polite to tell a colleague (and because most of us are educators, I see other users as colleagues) about their mistake privately, not publicly. That´s exactly what Douglas was trying to do.
As to native speakers here on the site, personally, I see them as a great asset and value them quite dearly. Any assistance on their part is more than welcome with me because there aren´t many opportunities (or should I say next to none:) for me to collaborate with native speaking educators/language professionals in real life.

12 May 2014     

morenopalomares
Spain

I would appreciate the advice and correction of any native or non-native English speakers when it comes to improving my English.

By the way, Douglas, your work is remarkable!

12 May 2014     

manonski (f)
Canada

I second David ´s comment! 

Have a good day!

12 May 2014     

oumsalsabil
Algeria

Dear pinkblossom,
I don ´t think that Douglas meant to threaten you in his pm. He said that he opted for it just "to give you a chance to possibly remove or change your post if you like"  So ,as you see it sounds like a request not a threat.
Now what is not clear to me is why he didn ´t send you the correction as you have said since he wanted to help you . May be Douglas can say something about it.
BTW something alike happened to me with Ed a year ago . I was a new member at that time, and I didn ´t know about the rules of the caption contest .So , when I noticed that there was no picture on the forum, I posted a funny one ,but unfortunately the winner of the previous contest posted his few seconds before me. With my picture appearing second , It sounded as if I intended to play in the winner ´s turn. So Ed sent a pm asking me to remove the post. He said just like Douglas that he could have made his comment on the forum but he didn ´t want to  embarass me publicly. I sent  a pm to thank him and explained that i didn ´t know about the rules, then I apologized to the winner on the forum.

12 May 2014     

douglas
United States

Thanks for your support everyone!

I ´m sure it was just a misunderstanding (the text above is a portion of the PM that I copied and pasted directly-the message also contained the correction).

I ´m sorry if I sounded too harsh about being disappointed, I just think it is good to sometimes be reminded that there are always two sides to a story and to remind people not to take life too seriously. The world is too full of rash judgement and condemnation these days. Its better to try to look for the good in things and not jump on the bad--give someone the benefit of the doubt and/or talk to them before flying off the handle (both publicly and privately).

EDIT: Blossom has brought it to my attention that I didn´t actually include the correction in the email--she is correct, sorry for the misinformation  (it was on the forum).
Cheers all,

Douglas

12 May 2014     

manonski (f)
Canada

I always tell my students there are 3 sides to a story: my side, your side and the truth.   
Written words don ´t always convey how a person feels or mean.

12 May 2014     

alex076
Italy

@Manon: very well-said Clap 
Love (and peace) to all ESLprintables friends Heart
Alessandra

12 May 2014     

JuliaKaraban
Russian Federation

All is well that ends well. I hope we will try to understand each other in any situation.

13 May 2014     

< Previous   1    2