Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Good Teachers    

Good Teachers

nasreddine Sarsar
Tunisia

Good Teachers

Good teaching is one-fourth preparation and three-fourths theater. The teacher has to be an actor on stage. Your students are your sole audience. However, you should not be the main focus of the lesson, just like the actor in a theatre is. You should instead make your audience the focus of your acting. In other words, the focus of your teaching. What do you think????

23 May 2014      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Now, let me think, nasreddine Sarsar - are you saying make your students the focus of your teaching??? As opposed to the plant in the corner, say? Wink 

23 May 2014     

Doot
Canada

I am not sure what age group you are considering with this comparison but my experiences have been with students 5- 19 and I don �t quite agree.  Most students are not happy with teachers who are unprepared so I would think 25% would probably not do it. I myself have had some of my best classes "winging" it but that was luck and wouldn �t get me far if I taught like that daily.  I find engaging students, making them feel successful, making them want to learn, and making them feel like they are important in this world is what makes a good teacher.  We all have our acting days - troubles in our personal lives that not everyone needs to know but otherwise, I am pretty open and honest with my students and I like to know who they are and I again let them know me.  Just my thoughts....

23 May 2014     

nasreddine Sarsar
Tunisia

Yes cunliffe. The students should be the focus of the teaching-learning process! 

23 May 2014