Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Name-It Contest!    

Name-It Contest!

MoodyMoody
United States

Name-It Contest!

Here �s an interesting gadget to name. Remember, I �m looking for the best NAME, not necessarily the best caption. (That �s a different contest.) The real name is surprisingly mundane, so don �t use it. I �ll pick a winner when one of these events occur: 1) I see 10 or more submissions by different people, 2) it �s Friday server time, or 3) when I feel like it. So here it is!

18 Jun 2014      

sarguero
Spain

Jeans buttons setter

18 Jun 2014     

Mariethe House
France

the hedgehog type-writer

18 Jun 2014     

you_per7
Algeria

It is an old  Dutch golden coins maker. this machine was confiscated by Algerian Navy during 18th century. you can check the coins and you will see the picture of this man Jan Janszoon van Haarlem  Wink

18 Jun 2014     

Manuhk
Hong Kong

You �re all wrong, this is obviously a �Hit the Nail on the Head Practice Device" ( HtNotHPD). It was invented for those who almost always get it wrong.
It is somewhat incomplete though, as the hammer is missing - maybe just a cost saving measure.

18 Jun 2014     

douglas
United States

"The Teacher" (the device is applied to the students head/brain)

19 Jun 2014     

isa2
Austria

It �s a DYPO (a domed typewriter).

19 Jun 2014     

isa2
Austria

Maybe it �s  a BRAVEGAUGE (the prototype for a brain wave activity gauge).

19 Jun 2014     

sarguero
Spain

CyberVudu system

19 Jun 2014