Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Let “Blurred Lines” Parody Teach You About Grammar - Video & Lyrics    

Let “Blurred Lines” Parody Teach You About Grammar - Video & Lyrics

mourisca
Portugal

Let “Blurred Lines” Parody Teach You About Grammar - Video & Lyrics

The hit song �Blurred Lines� was turned  into �Word Crimes,� an entertaining ode to proper grammar. Thumbs Up

You can find the video & lyrics here:

17 Jul 2014      

glutenfree
Poland

Thank you for sharing. Briliant song.

17 Jul 2014     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Loved the song and wanted to share with someone is Germany, but they said that they cannot view the video in Germany.  Is that just because of filtering at their job or are youtube videos blocked in Germany?

Can anyone residing in Germany let me know if they can view the video? Thanks!

17 Jul 2014     

yanogator
United States

I clicked on it and it said that the video had been removed.

Bruce

17 Jul 2014     

glutenfree
Poland

Here is the link to the song recomended by mourisca:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc

17 Jul 2014     

mourisca
Portugal

I replaced the video link... I hope it works now... Smile

17 Jul 2014     

douglas
United States

Red Camaro- Germany has an organization called GEMA that demands payment for any public use of music on their artists list (user has to prove that the artist is NOT on the list). As a result, many Youtube videos are blocked in Germany to prevent Youtube from having to pay these fees.

It �s really a stupid (and biased towards big industry vs the small artist) system, but it has been determined by the German supreme court as legal.

For me, I find Google Chrome and a simple app called "Hola" solve the  problem 99% of the time.

Two links that explain:

Cheers,
Douglas

18 Jul 2014     

almaz
United Kingdom

Interesting post and discussion on Weird Al and his latest �parody � here: http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/?p=13521

18 Jul 2014