Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > upset or worried    

upset or worried

samahdaba1983**
Syria

upset or worried

hello everyone
I �d like to know the difference between �upset � and �worried �.
thanks

5 Aug 2014      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

If you are upset, you are likely to cry. if you are worried, you are likely to bite your lip or wring your hands. Upset - something has bothered you, something bad has happened. Worried - you are concerned and anxious something bad will happen. 

5 Aug 2014     

Peter Hardy
Australia

Both words have various meanings. Hence I �ve sent you a PM with a looooong explanation (well, bless the internet).
# Lynne, How �s the holiday? Seems you have a working holiday :-)
Cheers, Peter

5 Aug 2014     

aliemail
Hong Kong

For example: I am a bit upset that I haven �t got any points since I uploaded 3 new worksheets 24 hours ago. However I �m not worried that the problem will be fixed.
Could you kindly check them out and download them if you like because I went to the trouble of making them, so that I could also receive some worksheets. Thank you to all.

6 Aug 2014     

quyentran
Vietnam

Make it easy: upset (something had happened and now you feel angry) Worried: (you think that something bad has happened or could happen)

6 Aug 2014     

MarionG
Netherlands

@aliemail,
Your worksheets are still in the recent contributions. some people did download them. Those points you will get tomorrow. When you sent your worksheets it clearly said that you get your points only the day after....patience...

6 Aug 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Upset doesn �t actually mean angry. It means hurt or wounded in some way. I �m sure Peter �s explanation has sorted it. By the way, thank you for asking, Peter, I am on holiday in France, but I never take a holiday from eslprintables!

6 Aug 2014     

Mariethe House
France

@Lynne! In France? Whereabouts? You secretive little thing Big smile Now I am upset Wink
Have a nice time !  Hope it is sunny where you are.

6 Aug 2014     

aliemail
Hong Kong

@MarionG
Thanks for your reply.

6 Aug 2014