Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > 23:00 in Argentina    

23:00 in Argentina

Damielle
Argentina

23:00 in Argentina

This is just to ask you to be kind with your students and not to  assign too much homework for the weekend.

13 Feb 2009      

mena22
Portugal

My dear damielle, my students would love you for that!!!!

I �m just kidding, I almost always ask them to do a piece of homework,
 something "light" that won �t take them more than 15 to 20 minutes.

13 Feb 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Damielleta, you are right!!! But sometimes I assign too much homework. Sometimes they need to practise things. They are not up to the level , and they should double their work.

I pity them, but they have to. However, I never forget to include a chief element in my teaching which is how to enjoy learning English. As Mena does , I always assign light and amusing tasks for my sts. to perform.I encourage writing assignments more than any other kind coz in writing you can apply much of the language, in my opinion.

I know some may say that it �s not by big quantity that sts. become better.Yet,  since English is not their mother tongue and they don �t practise it in their surroundingT, they need to practise it the other way.
Thanks for reminding us to be kind with our sts. Many need it!!!

Have a nice day,
Nebal

13 Feb 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

LOL
Hugs damielle!!!!!!!!

13 Feb 2009