Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Discipline in the classroom    

Discipline in the classroom

Maja O.
Poland

Discipline in the classroom

Hi,

It �s a real pleasure for me to be the part of this awesome site and meet so many creative teachers. Therefore, to enjoy the privileges I �d like to start the topic concerning discipline in the classroom. This is one of the most difficult part of my job. How do you cope with the young kids ( especially in big classes- 25 students and up), do you use any wonderful methods or techniques to make students calm and active in a possitive way?

One of my favourite is the "red card" but it �s rather for the older students ( 10 and up ) and I �m still looking for something amazing but for younger kids.

Any ideas :)

25 Aug 2014      

sarasantos
Portugal

Hi!

Take a look at these previous conversations on the forum on the topic discipline, they might be useful:

All the best!

25 Aug 2014     

gscott1979
China

for years i tried many different things but in the last few years I have been using something very useful but effective. the better behaved they are the less homework they get, the worse behaved they are the more they get. I also get the class to police each other, as all students are punished, i ask them to control or help bad students.

25 Aug 2014     

MarionG
Netherlands

gscott,
If I understood you correctly, you use homework as a punishment?
Somehow doesn �t strike me as a good move....Ermm that �s a sure way to get them to hate English homework.

26 Aug 2014     

French Madame
France

I can �t but strongly recommand reading this awesome book:Thumbs Up
The first days of school: how to be an effective teacher by Harry Wong and Rosemary T. Wong

The cover might not be very attractive but what �s inside changed my way of teaching!Star
For the French speaking teachers, here is what it looks like:

26 Aug 2014     

Maja O.
Poland

Thank all of you for the responses Thumbs Up   

26 Aug 2014     

jenisita
Chile

Hi everyone!!! I was wondering if I can find the book called "La Rentr�e Escolaire" in English... Thanks in advance

10 Sep 2014