Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I can īt find the word in English    

I can īt find the word in English

an43
Spain

I can īt find the word in English

Hi, I would like to know how do you say in English "the student who is in charge of the class". Can anybody translate into english this?: El delegado de la clase o el encargado de la clase. Could it be "the master or the leader in the class or the teacher ...? Please, I need your help.

15 Sep 2014      

alex076
Italy

Hi! How about HEAD BOY (or GIRL)? Big hugs, Alex

15 Sep 2014     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

monitor? monitor - a student in a school who performs special duties, such as helping the teacher
student supervisor?

15 Sep 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

It does depend on the institution. Speaking as a teacher in a secondary school in England, we would have class reps (representatives) if anything at all, these days. If I split kids into teams for games, I allocate a team captain and I īve heard of schools with form captains. I think in primary schools, monitor is a possibility. Head girl and head boy (Hi Alex - long time, no see!) I think is a loftier position - maybe just one per school.  

15 Sep 2014     

an43
Spain

Thanks a lot. I think that "monitor" is the most suitable. I looked it up in the dictionary and it said "master".

16 Sep 2014     

englishgreenhouse
Latvia

at uni is a course rap

16 Sep 2014     

douglas
United States

Class Leader or Class Rep.,

16 Sep 2014     

zalora
Thailand

class president Smile

16 Sep 2014     

yanogator
United States

an43,
A monitor has specific duties dealing with watching the other students for infractions, somewhat like a policeman. Your words "delegado" and "encargado" might carry this meaning, but I don īt think they necessarily do so. So, if the student is in charge of monitoring behavior, then "monitor" is the word you want. If not, then the others � suggestions are good.

Bruce

16 Sep 2014