Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > answer key    

answer key

lethinga79
Vietnam

why don �t you practice with the worksheet?

21 Sep 2014     

ELOJOLIE274
France

i usually provide the key to my worksheet not for your use - or my pupils � - but for my own!

my brain is such a mess sometimes that I forget what the correct answer is, especially if i made the worksheet months ago and haven �t used it yet. and i also tend to write not just the key but a teacher �s guide, so i know how to use the worksheet with my class (and if something worked or didn �t because the task i gave wasn �t clear enough, too complicated etc...)

so i have the pupils � copy ready to hand out, and my own private copy to check the pupils � answers, what i wanted to do next, how i wanted to help them write more complex sentences... but i �m an organized freak/geek so don �t follow my lead!

21 Sep 2014     

Jayho
Australia

Hi all

The key is particularly useful for new teachers who are not confident with the content or perhaps not confident with their English ability.

Although I am a NS, I don �t always know the answer. The other day I gave my students a vocabulary crossword and for the life of me I couldn �t think of one of the words and the students couldn �t either.  I had to have a sneek peek at the solution. Also, when I give out extension work to early finishers, I provide the answers in a special answer file so that they can check their own answers. Keys do help.

Also, sometimes the answer keys confirm whether an intended answer is actually correct. Another crossword that I used, for past continuous, had an incorrect solution.

In regards to thanks, one would think that most would do this but in today �s world thanks seem to be far and few between. Please, if you download, spend a few extra seconds thanking that member. It will make their day.

Cheers

Jayho

21 Sep 2014     

< Previous   1    2