Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Ideas for the English Corner    

Ideas for the English Corner

Lucky_sunshine
China

Ideas for the English Corner

Hello my dear friends,

Can you help me with the ideas for the English Corner, as we have just started and I �m kinda puzzled. Maybe somebody has ideas or plans or know where to get them, I will be very grateful (ASAP).

Thanks to everybody in advance!

15 Oct 2014      

loreaetxaniz
Spain

Hi,
I don�t have a big classroom but in mine I have three corners.
1.- Fast Finishers: coloring pages, crafts, vocabulary games (wordsearch, labelling, crosswords,...), Classroom dictionary, games, ...
2.- Library
3.- Listening corner: listen to stories, listen to conversations and filling gaps,  listen to song and complete lyrics...

16 Oct 2014     

Lucky_sunshine
China

Thank you @Loreaetxaniz, nice ideas. However, our English Corner is where peopl come to practice their oral English. We devided kids group and adults group and I have puzzled what can be interesting for both of these groups. Maybe something with culture ...

16 Oct 2014     

redcamarocruiser
United States

How about using the theme of holidays? Do the students come with a conversation partner or alone?

16 Oct 2014     

Lucky_sunshine
China

@redcamarocruiser they come alone, as the English Corner is mostly for improving students � English speaking skills.

16 Oct 2014