Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > i need your suggestion    

i need your suggestion

zahra.r
Iran

i need your suggestion

Dear friends, i need your suggestion for teaching. i want to know is it good that each session i teach one specific subject or it �s better to mix the subjects and teach? by mixing subjects i mean in one session i teach numbers from 1 to 5 for 10 min then 3 colors and then 4 name �s of animals or i consider on one subject? which do u think will work better in children classes? Thanks for sharing your knowledge!:)

18 Oct 2014      

fathi
Tunisia

Hi Zahra,

In my opinion it would be perfect if you start teaching numbers. then use that knowledge  in the next session to teach animals and colors.  I mean make students connect what they study in Maths with English, Science, etc

18 Oct 2014     

zahra.r
Iran

thank you dear fathi for your consideration :)

18 Oct 2014     

redcamarocruiser
United States

For young children the attention span can be short. Students with a short attention span benefit from changing pace several times during the lesson. My advice is to try mixing several subjects in one lesson and see how they respond. If  they do not respond favorably, you can always change your lesson plan to teach only one subject deeply per lesson. When I taught a language club, I patterned the activities on a children �s birthday party format, switching activities often. This was very successful for elementary aged students.

18 Oct 2014