Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > HELP    

HELP

araveg
Spain

HELP

Hi friends,

I need your help
Is this exercise ok?
Thanks in advance

COMPLETE THIS SENTENCES WITH A WORD

1-    There are many  teenagers ___WITH____some problems___BECAUSE____OF_________ drugs.
      2-    There are many teengers ___WHOSE ______ problems are___DUE TO _____ drugs.
3-    SHe studied French ___IN ORDER__to help her wife
4-    She�s bking a big cake __SO THAT_______the surprise  WILL BE___ready when her husband come back from work.
5-    _IN SPITE OF BEING ______________tired, she kept on_STUDYING_ all night.
6-    When I (ask) WAS ASKED ____ to write about some interesting place, I couldn�t think of __SOMEWHERE____more special than Africa.
7-    John is a language  fun . He __NOT ONLY_____ speaks English, French and Italian , he is __ALSO_____________a  fan of novels.
8-    There ___HAVE BEEN________many changes in new technologies recently.
9-   __BOTH_____his father and mother went to visit their daughter to America
10--    _WHEN ____MY sister  arrived, the train  __LEFT______ the station .
11-    After the exam  __HAD FINISHED____,I remembered HAVING MAKING a lot of mistakes.
12-1-    This is the city WHERE _I was born. The theatre (destroy/just) HAD JUST BEEN DESTROYED_when I was born
1-    Everybody (already/leave) _HAD ALREADY LEFT________by the time we_ _FINISHED________________the exam.

19 Oct 2014      

sirhaj
Malaysia

Hello There!

It seems all right to me but the answers do not sound that accurate, I mean, there are many other words which can serve as correct answers, if not better. Perhaps the students can be asked to complete it without being given any set of possible answers and the examiner/teacher assess their answers as they see fit and not solely based on strictly predetermined answers especially when there are many possible answers.

Cheers!
Sirhajwan

19 Oct 2014     

yanogator
United States

Hi,
Sirhajwan is correct that the answers provided aren �t the only possibilities. There are also some mistakes:

The instructions specify "a word", but some of the answers you give have two or more words.

2.  You misspelled "teenagers"

3. You might mean husband instead of wife. Either is possible these days.

4. This sentence isn �t very clear, so the students wii find it difficult.

6. ANYTHING instead of SOMETHING, because the clause is nrgative.

7. Fan, not fun

8. The changes are probably in existing technologies, rather than new

9.  in, not to America

10. Had left is more likely, unless they happened simultaneously

11. Having made

Bruce

19 Oct 2014