Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Conversation techniques    

Conversation techniques

mercader11
Venezuela

Conversation techniques

Hi to all members.
I have some conversation sessions with a number of up to 7 ss. They are intermediate 1.  Please some suggestions about encouraging them to be more talkative?. Thanks in advance and certainly all your help is appreciated.

27 Oct 2014      

aydin1362
Iran

please check your mail box.
your students can get information from these people and share with their class.

28 Oct 2014     

kwsp
United States

Hi! Sometime before the conversation group give the students a topic like, "Which is better, health or wealth?" Tell them each student is to come prepared with their opinion written down in their notebook. During the conversation group, each student must then give their opinion. The higher students can refer to their notes and the lower students can read what they have written. You can also give them a sheet of possible topics so they can take turns picking which topic the group will talk about at the next session. Hope this helps!

28 Oct 2014     

wiandres
Colombia

let students speak about they liek to speak ... most students are generally shy ... because they think they make mistakes .. I encourage my students to prepare and participate in brief and commited chats and i realice they love it

28 Oct 2014     

FrauSue
France

Role plays are a good way to encourage people to speak as they can pretend they are someone else. There are lots of role play ideas in the worksheets section.

30 Nov 2014