Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > take precautions: make a regular back up    

take precautions: make a regular back up

Damielle
Argentina

take precautions: make a regular back up

Before going on holidays my computer suddenly turn off because I moved the PC while it was on and it didn �t start until the technician worked on it two days ago. Now it �s OK again but   MY THINGS, MOST OF  MY RECENT FILES are lost!!!! Fortunately I had made a back up. But it was in September!!!!, so .... The only files I kept were those included in that back up, those saved in my pendriver (a few)  and those I sent to my own e-mail address  (some very important ones) . Besides I lost my favourites menu.

So, my piece of advice is:
make regular back ups on CDs or DVDs.
send your important  files and links to your own e-mail.
always work saving files in your pendriver

16 Feb 2009      

aftab57
United Kingdom

I would like to to second this very important suggestion as I have been a victim of this in the past when I lost years of work.. I would also recommend Mediafire as a storage device for your materials. It �s free and the registeration is straightforward. Damielle I would like to know what a pendriver is.

16 Feb 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

pendriver:

Sorry, it is also called USB flash drive

16 Feb 2009     

Paola_
Argentina

This is a pendriver - it�s used for storing files, same as Cds and DVDs- but they have a higher storage capacity.

16 Feb 2009     

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

It �s happened to me for several times...
It is very disappointing !
 I share your feelings dear Damielle!!!!

16 Feb 2009     

tlbojko
United States

Pendrive, USB Stick, or Thumbdrive are all correct :  )

16 Feb 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

thanks tlbojko

16 Feb 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

yes, I suppose its called by different names in different countries. here in Uk its sold as USB flash drive but commonly called USB memory stick. I have one but they ain �t half expensive!

16 Feb 2009