Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > What are advantages of pair work and group work?     

What are advantages of pair work and group work?

KhongCoNick94
Vietnam

Hi everybody!
I study English Teacher Education ( for primary school) 

Please help me! Thanks a lot!  

5 Dec 2014      

N8Oh
United States

I think the greatest advantage of pair work/group work is that it reduces student �s stress and anxiety levels, thus creating a better learning environment. Also, it increases the time students are using the language and reduces the amount of time the teacher has to speak. The students should speak the most during any language lesson. Hope that helps you!

6 Dec 2014     

thegreatdanabusa
China

It allows for more interesting classroom activities, including the legendary BACKWARDS BUMBLE routine.

6 Dec 2014     

vered
Israel

There are a few reasons to apply pair/group work:

1. Children enjoy playing and talking and learning together, so they are more inclined to stay on task.

2. In a heterogeneous group those who find the task easier to achieve, help the struggling pupils.

3. Usually, the more minds that think together, the better the outcome

4. It allows pupils to be active rather than passive learners

5. It emphasizes the ability to work with others, sharing, and mutual responsibility

6. For the pupils who struggle socially with in the class, it is a wonderful way to help them

There are more reasons as there are theories by the bundle on collaborative learning, but these are just off the top of my head

Good-luck with your studies

6 Dec 2014     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Could you elaborate on what the BACKWARDS BUMBLE routine is?

6 Dec 2014