Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Cry for help))     

Cry for help))

Katiapulko
Ukraine

Cry for help))

Dear colleagues. I �m preparing for my observed lesson that �s gonna be on Tuesday. But I �ve run out of ideas, really. My head is a mess. I was going to show just the part of the lesson, but on Friday our head region teacher said that i have to conduct the whole lesson. So I �m very short of time. The topic is Around the city (places in town, directions..), grade 4 (the 3rd year of learning english), and i don �t know how to make a bright beginning of the lesson. Not just the ordinary "We have guests... say hello to our guests... let �s start our lesson..."  and that �s all. I was looking for some vivid greeting song, but I failed. There �s one that I liked https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpTLdI3Jpn4  but my kids won �t be able to learn it in one day,  i need something simple and interesting. Or maybe not a song, some rhyme anything some activity to start.. something for not more than 1 minute. I will be so so grateful!

13 Dec 2014      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Hi Katia:)
You can always start with a hello song:) a higher level one
places in my town/ directions (not quite a song though:) look at 1:05
places  (for vocabulary/ warm up maybe)

Back in the day, when I had 4th grade (they are now in grade 8), I used this activity for pairwork. You can use it if you like.

13 Dec 2014     

Katiapulko
Ukraine

Thanks a bunch! You are a great helper, Sophia

13 Dec 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Well done, Sophia. You are so resourceful and always helpful.

14 Dec 2014