Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > I feel so disappointed    

I feel so disappointed

yolprica
Spain

I feel so disappointed

Yesterday I sent a phonetic symbol guide and today I �ve found that all the phonetic symbols are wrong. It took me so much effort to elaborate it and it �s useless work because you don �t have a way of transform these symbols. You only need to install the IPA PHONETICS font to get them right. It �s a shame I can �t send phonetics material because I think it is really important to teach it to our students. Sorry for the only person who downloaded it.
It would great this problem could be solved. Thanks

18 Feb 2009      

Jayho
Australia

I use an online IPA phonemic typewriter then copy and paste that into my documents - I�m not sure if anyone has problems downloading my sheets.  Maybe you can try this typerwriter.  It�s at

I have had difficulty with other peoples�s WS�s and I have had to amend some of the symbols, particularly those not used in my country, but it doesn�t take long.  Are your smbols based on the IPA?

18 Feb 2009     

yolprica
Spain

Yes, they are bases on the IPA PHONETICS font and I don �t know how to be able to send my worksheets so that they can be downloaded properly. Thank you very much

18 Feb 2009     

johnbrasil
Brazil

I downloaded your worksheet and can see all of the symbols just fine, I don �t know if my wife installed any fonts for this though. I noticed sometimes the sheets appear a little different in the preview window but download just fine.

18 Feb 2009     

Mietz
Germany

When I use special fonts I give the name of it in the description (and usually in the teacher �s notes in the printable) and give the link where to download it for free. That way your worksheets work out fine, once the downloader has installed the font. Hope that helps.

18 Feb 2009     

yolprica
Spain

Thank you very much for your help. I am very relieved knowing that at least the only person who downloaded it can take advantage of it. It is really good for students. I have lots of worksheets to practise the phonetic symbols giving them the phonetic transcription of words and they enjoy it because it �s like a game and they can really look up the pronunciation of any words in the dictionary. Thanks again

18 Feb 2009