Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > New ideas for simple past    

New ideas for simple past

Lsa59
France

New ideas for simple past

Hi dear fellow teachers,
I was wondering if you could give me some ideas to start a new topic about the Simple past to students aged 14/15... 
We �ve already worked on school cliques and part-time jobs for teens this year. 
Thanks a lot for your help and have a nice day :) 

29 Jan 2015      

starryargenta
United Kingdom

Historic events are a good way in to the topic. Choose something that you think will get the interest of your class. I just did the Moon landing with my class and they really enjoyed it.

29 Jan 2015     

AudreyI
France

You should try �Crime stories �. The pupils love it! I have an extract of Lamb to the Slaughter by Roald Dahl I like working on. Then I usually show the pupils the Hitchcock version of the story. I also worked on the first episode of the series Dexter in that lesson. Well, you can find many ideas dealing with that topic using simple past...

29 Jan 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

My teenage students love urban myths - The hitchhiker who turns out to be a mass murderer or a ghost, that kind of thing. 

29 Jan 2015     

mfraczek
France

Hello, 
I agree with Audrey! Crime stories are great to use the simple past and the Be +ing form.  

29 Jan 2015     

titine69
France

I use the film "Oliver Twist" to study the Victorian era ,the simple past and be+ing.It �s very interesting and the pupils do like the film.

29 Jan 2015     

Lsa59
France

Thanks a lot to you all !

I think I �ll explore the Crime option then !
 Have a lovely weekend ;)

30 Jan 2015