Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Teaching animals    

Teaching animals

crispego
Spain

Teaching animals

Hello everyone! I �m starting the topic of "animals" (and the actions they can do) with my 11 years old students. I �m looking for a nice song that uses the name of some animals with the actions that they can or can �t do. If you have any suggestions, please, I �m all ears!

By the way, if you have any interesting ideas or teaching material that can go with the topic, please, let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Cristina. 

10 Feb 2015      

martinasvabova
Czech Republic

10 Feb 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Oh, thank God! After the �baby� post, for a moment I thought you might be asking how to teach animals English. ;-)

10 Feb 2015     

PATTRICIAA
Argentina

How about "Old Mc Donald had a farm"? My students love it...

Cunliffe, u r soooo funny... I love your comments

cheers from Argentina 

10 Feb 2015     

sarguero
Spain

Have a look to this one "Can an elephant jump?"

The same version with kids involved, a very funny one   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgjlQoiCkjw

I use this song to motivate my pupils when they have to learn the topic "Animals"

11 Feb 2015     

Peter Hardy
Australia

Sorry, Christina, but my mind is blank, so no ideas here.  But, # Lynne, Did you really think you can �t teach an old dog new tricks? Training (teaching) animals is easier than training kids (young and old) :-)  And elephants are the only creature that can �t jump! Cheers, Peter.

11 Feb 2015     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

11 Feb 2015     

crispego
Spain

Thanks for all your suggestions!

11 Feb 2015