Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Confessions of a techie...    

Confessions of a techie...

Bella29UMM
Mexico

Confessions of a techie...

For the last few years I have depend on technology for most of my classes (gadgets projector dvd �s youtube esl games online using laptop and apps) and I �m starting in a new school where they don �t have access to any of these resources. 

I don �t want my students to get bored and need ideas to teach my lessons Could you please share some of your ideas with me?  or.. Do you know websites or books that could help me?

I �ll be teaching adults  from beginners to advance levels t(hey have a text book)  and I will appreciate your help with these matter.

In exchange I can give you my humble advice on using tech and gadgets in the class. =) 

Please excuse any typo my keyboard is going crazy these days !!!

THANK YOU 

20 Feb 2015      

plaramos
Australia

Dear Bella,

I understand your situation perfectly. I �ve lived in that situation most of my teaching years, which is not many (only 5 so far) but let me tell you that there are solutions.

I always use material that I prepare, which is photocopiable material from resource books, handouts from this websites or simply things I create. There are great books available to help you out, but it will depend on what you want to teach.

Of course, the disadvantage of this situation is that creating or adapting material can be time consuming. But then if you think about it, what isn �t time consuming in teaching?

If you  want more help, you can send me a private message.

Hope I helped a little bit 

20 Feb 2015     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Just like in your tech classes variety is the key to your students � involvement.
One suggestion could be using fun ways to pair up/group students

You �ll find lots of activities here in eslprintables (I �m sure you know that)
Also, check out http://busyteacher.org/how-to/ for their articles.
Here �s a resource I recently discovered

21 Feb 2015     

Bella29UMM
Mexico

You both have been so kind with me and had helped me in such a way!!!
@ueslteacher You nailed it! as long as I keep variety in the class they won �t get bored.
@plaramos we are 24/7 teachers!

21 Feb 2015