Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > BIG īTHANK YOU ī TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE BEST WEBSITE IN THE WORLD.    

BIG īTHANK YOU ī TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE BEST WEBSITE IN THE WORLD.

cunliffe
United Kingdom

BIG īTHANK YOU ī TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE BEST WEBSITE IN THE WORLD.

I have been given a very difficult year 9 class (14 year olds). Some of them are new to English, others were born here. I didn īt really know what to teach them, but settled on a reader īThe Black Cat ī by John Milne. At the last minute, I thought my starter should be an introduction to Egypt, where the book is set. Ten minutes before the lesson - does anyone else ever live so dangerously?- I got on here and found a brilliant ppt. Job done! They really enjoyed it and all of them wrote their names in hieroglyphics. This site never lets me down. I am so grateful.
Lynne  

25 Feb 2015      

Jayho
Australia

I know exactly what you mean Lynne.

Iīm not much of a PPT or WS person and what saves me is something from http://www.esldiscussions.com/index.html. I  choose Word format so that I can modify the questions to suit me, or delete the ones I donīt want.  Sometimes I project them and other times I print them. It keeps the students occupied while I gather my thoughts for the rest of the session. It has saved me many a time and the students love it. The questions are easily adapted to suit middle primary and above.

Cheers

Jayho

26 Feb 2015     

Peter Hardy
Australia

Ah, those years of living dangerously. That īs addictive for some. That īs why we teach, isn īt it? The addiction? And one of my other mottos, if you can īt beat them, join them. I īm sure these kids will get away with a lot, Lynn. I use songs with the lyrics on screen to give myself time for the next bit of my lesson. My kids (18-78) love Frozen and Shakira. Might be an idea for those teenagers, too?

# Jayho Thanks for that link. As from Tuesday I have to teach Current Affairs and History. Will come in handy, and I can spend my Labour Day in peace and quiet :-)

Image result for frozen

26 Feb 2015