Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > I NEED HELP    

I NEED HELP

mary-butterfly
Brazil

I NEED HELP

HI! MY CLASSES ARE GOING TO START NEXT WEEK AND I NEED SOME IDEIAS FOR THE FIRST DAY.
THEY ARE TEENS  ( 12-17 )
 THANKS IN ADVANCE

KISSES FROM BRAZIL

20 Feb 2009      

Laura44
United Kingdom

Hi - first days are always a bit difficult but I found some good stuff online about ice-breakers from www.eslhq.com/forums/esl-forums/esl-games-activities/ice-breakers-first-class-3325/

They are not my own ideas but worked well....

1. get a big tube of sweets/ toilet roll and pass around the class asking students to take as much/many as they want. when they are done, they must give a piece of info for each sweet/ sheet they took.

2. On a plain piece of paper students write down 5 pieces of info about themselves (just answers). You can provide prompts on board if needed. Then they turn the paper into a paper plane and throw across the class room several times. Once this is done, get them to open the paper and then go round the class asking questions from the answers they have on the paper until they find and return the paper plane to the right person. - a good laugh!!

There �s a good video about being a good learner which you can discuss with your class too ; www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afe8jxHX6-s

20 Feb 2009     

alexcure
Poland

Hello in Brazil,

On my first day I often use the chart I had already prepared with some symbolic info about myself.... like for example some dates, things I like (drawings), and many things which the students have to guess on the first day.... then I tell them if their guesses were correct or not and following my example the students are to make something similar about themselves... then everybody guesses what their drawings, numbers and words can mean (I also participate in it). At the same time we have introduced to each other in a different way than just saying "I am interested in cycling" for example. I do recommend it to everyone who does not use it.

Have a good day
Alex

20 Feb 2009     

malouk
United States

HI Mary try some ideas from this page. I �ve used them and they �re fun:

20 Feb 2009     

mary-butterfly
Brazil

YOU ARE AMAZING!!I �M NOT ABLE TO GET BY WITHOUT YOU.
THANKS SO MUCHClap

20 Feb 2009