Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Vokis - speaking avatars    

Vokis - speaking avatars

SVieira
Portugal

Vokis - speaking avatars

Hi there, fellow teachers!
I recently came across a new tool which can be a very good help in class, for listening exercises.
One of the common problems we sometimes have is that we easily find a listening exercise on the topic we need, but the language level is not adequate to our students. Creating a Voki (a speaking avatar) can help solve that problem, because we may create the text ourselves and then have it spoken by another voice, with the voice (male / female) and accent we  choose.
It just takes registering in   www.voki.com   and then creating the speaking avatar is very easy (I have a few in my personal area); other languages besides English are also available there (but I haven �t tried them, so I don �t know how they sound).
Just click on the link below (or copy-paste it to another window, I don�t really know how it goes) to be redirected to Sylvia Voki, the avatar I created (with an Indian accent) to show you how they go (I gave her an Indian accent, but others are also available there):

http://www.voki.com/pickup.php?scid=11302756&height=267&width=200

The only problem about Vokis is that they only work online - as far as I know, one cannot download them to a flashdrive to use them whenever there is no available Internet connection.

18 Apr 2015      

gabriel_aubert
Argentina

Thanks, this is a great tool

18 Apr 2015     

Jessisun
Argentina

I used �Voki � in my classes two years ago. My classes loved them!!! It �s a great tool!!! Highly recommended!!!!

18 Apr 2015     

raquelbraganca
Macau

I didn �t know this tool! Great! Thanks!

18 Apr 2015     

theone72
Russian Federation

I had known about Voki for 2 years, but never used it. You were so convincing that I created my Voki account and going to have a go with it. Thank you.  

19 Apr 2015