Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > sustainable development    

sustainable development

Hidaya2014
Morocco

sustainable development

Hi
Any tips for teaching vocabulary related to sustainable development

29 Apr 2015      

Matthew@ELSP
Japan

How about using one small scale, simple, easily understandable project at a time?
I think if you keep the context clear and the volume of new words to a level the Ss can grasp, this should be no more tricky than any content based learning exercise.
Perhaps pick on one thing from among the �energy � group.
* Wave power
* Wind power
* Solar heating (water with sunshine)
* Photovoltaics, commonly just called solar power (sunshine into electricity)
* Hybrid vehicles
etc etc
As a tip I suggest the book Green Gone Wrong by Heather�Rogers�for mid to high level learners. The teacher could read a chapter�as content research,�and then paraphrase it into managable units/chunks and do those with the students. That way, you can look at both the good intentions of sustainable development and some of the potential negative consequences when things are not truly done in a sustainable way.
You did not mention your students � English level, so I just assumed a mid/post mid level.
Hope that is a starting point.

29 Apr 2015