Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A parent called me names    

A parent called me names

Oksanochka
Ukraine

Thank you all for your comments and advice!

I �m feeling better now, after a sleepless night :-) I met the boy �s mother at the bus stop this morning. There were some people there, too, but I decided to stop and talk to her. She wouldn �t listen and said that the only thing that mattered was her upset son and that she wanted to hit me in the face (it �s a polite version of her words). I guess, the Mona Lisa smile (cunliffe �s advice) will go next time.

Oksana

14 May 2015     

Minka
Slovenia

If the parents can �t deal with the boy, at least you should be able to --- or what? 

Feel enriched by that experience and don �t let it bother you too much.  :)

14 May 2015     

titine69
France

The mother �s behaviour is unfair,you did everything to help her son.This woman has undoubtedly many psychological problems,otherwise she wouldn �t have acted like that.I can tell you that you don �t deserve this and I admire you because you tried so many things to help the boy.You can be proud of yourself!Carry on being a good teacher,the pupils need you.
Hugs from Titine:)) 

14 May 2015     

Jayho
Australia

I feel for you and I urge you to not take it personally, even though that is difficult.

It seems that the problems go much deeper than your sessions and school and the mother is at her wits end as to what to do.  It�s always easier to blame someone else and her behaviour, despicable as it is, displays signs of not coping with the situation. When this happens, rational behaviour goes out the door and blaming becomes rampant.

I say, hold your head high and remain brief, polite and cheerful whenever you see her. It�s just another chapter in the book of life that makes you stronger and wiser each day.

Cheers

Jayho

14 May 2015     

Oksanochka
Ukraine

I am very grateful for all your support, dear friends. I �m feeling much better now. Wishing you all a wonderful day and a fantastic summer!

15 May 2015     

medo123
Egypt

Dear Oksaochka,

We teachers have to tolerate all kinds of behaviour. This woman has some issues, and pscycological problems for sure. Don �t ever be upset or even let such a behaviour to affect you. Look,  once we start teaching whether in class or at home we should forget our life outside. We are actors and actresses doing our roles and that is it. Once we finish acting and going  back to our normal life. We have to forget everything about the roles we did on stage (I mean in class or outside). Also you didn �t tell us whether that woman has given you the money she owed you for teaching her son or not for she might have done that to stop paying you . !! Anyway , I want you to forget  and always be reading for the next happening. 

15 May 2015     

< Previous   1    2