Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > School vocabulary    

School vocabulary

szamoca
Hungary

School vocabulary

Dear Colleagues,

Please help me with the following vocabulary question. Do these Phrases make any sense for you? What is the correct word?

1. signal bell
2. ringing time of the bell

I have already checked several dictionaries but I couldn �t find any reference. My Ss refer to the sound of the bell that we hear at the beginning and at the end of the lessons. We have got a timetable for this. How do you call that in English.We used to have a ringing sound five finutes before the end of the lessons which purpose was to warn the T that he/she has to finish the lesson soon. How would you say this?

Thank you!

21 May 2015      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

We have two bells, five minutes apart. We just say, the first bell and the second bell. You need to move when you hear the first bell and you need to be ready to start the next lesson by the time the second bell goes. 

21 May 2015     

szamoca
Hungary

Thanks a lot! At least I can figure it out what to use for our situation. :-)

21 May 2015