Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Good writing book for young learners    

Good writing book for young learners

sofoklis19
Greece

Good writing book for young learners

Hi everybody!

Do you have any suggestions for a good writing book (solely writing, preferably) for young learners?  My main goal is to  teach learners how to write a story but I want to start with the basics: creating nice sentences, moving on to paragraphs, using adjectives, etc. The story mountain would be great if it was included (intro-peak-solution) It �s easier to find teenager or even adult books on the topic but I have a hard time identifying a young learner writing book.

Thanks in advance! :) 

27 May 2015      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

How about this one?

27 May 2015     

miss K.
Ukraine

How about checking out Writing Clinic by PhilipR and some other of his ws on this website? Maybe you can adapt is idea to the young learners you have.

27 May 2015     

sofoklis19
Greece

Thank you for your answers!

ueslteacher I found something similar from these series (how to write short stories), but I was hoping some of you might have actually used some writing textbooks in your classrooms. The problem with these books is that there is not a very helpful preview on amazon (just the beginning pages, mainly chapters and copyright) and I am not sure whether they will suit me. I can �t just start buying anything that might be suitable. thanks, though

miss K. unfortunately your link doesn �t work.  I can �t find the book you are referring to either. Do you think you can be more specific? Have you used this book in a young learners class?

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to give your feedback! 

27 May 2015