Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Teaching IELTS    

Teaching IELTS

bibby
China

Teaching IELTS

Hi, i have been approached to teach IELTS and although i roughly know what it is does any other teacher have any experience teaching it or if i can get extra training to teach it. Although im confident in my everyday teaching i dont want to accept the work if i am unable to do it, and then let my new student down. thanks.

22 Feb 2009      

freddie
Canada

Hi Bibby

By the way I thoroughly enjoyed your Bill Gates worksheets!

Also I have taught TOEFL and IELTS. First you need to know if your student is doing general IELTS or the Academic IELTS. Your lessons will change depending on which your student is working towards.

Next, the best place to start is the IELTS website which provides a lot of good teaching materials and will explain how the exam is structured so that you can prepare the student for it`s structure. Here is the link to the IELTS site.

There are lots of other sites that provide practice for students which you can provide for your student.

I could say more but I dont want to take up a lot of room on the forum so I`ll PM you the rest  Smile

22 Feb 2009