Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WORD DEFINITION CONTEST 11TH JULY WINNER    

WORD DEFINITION CONTEST 11TH JULY WINNER

loboclaud
Portugal

WORD DEFINITION CONTEST 11TH JULY WINNER

Well, so it ´s time for me to reveal the winner of this word definition contest.
It was really hard for me to choose a winner as all answers were quite creative and some made me laugh real hard.

The winner of the word definition contest is spinney  for its amazing creativity and sense of humour.
spinney, now it ´s your turn to choose a word and start a new word definition contest. Thank you so much for your excellent answer, which just knocked me off my feet! 

Now, for the real definition:
ORGANDIE : British English for a very thin stiff cotton cloth, used as dress material, as Abdallah78 well pointed out but, sorry Abdallah78, we wanted an invented definition, not the real one, so I could not consider your answer. Thank you for also taking part in this contest and better luck next time!

17 Jul 2015      

spinney
United Kingdom

Wow! Thanks for the nomination, considering the high quality of the other entries that �s quite an honour. I �ll be back with my word shortly.

17 Jul 2015     

Mr. Wilson
Chile

It was unclear to me what Spinney´s winning definition was. So I went back found it and post it here for all to see...

It ´s a vegetarian diet as recommended by the Indian leader, Ghandi, for cleansing the organs of all impurities. The Organdie, as it has been dubbed, has been known to lower blood sugar and cholesterol levels . 

17 Jul 2015