Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the Day Contest    

Word of the Day Contest

MoodyMoody
United States

Word of the Day Contest

Thank you for selecting my daffynition, redcamarocruiser! I am delighted that my Google fu was up to the challenge.

However, I did not need Google to find the next Word of the Day. I encountered it about two weeks ago and I �ve been waiting to use it ever since.

The new Word of the Day is

PITYRIASIS.

Remember, do NOT give the real definition! Anyone who is caught giving the real definition is automatically disqualified. Go to it, fellow teachers!

19 Aug 2015      

redcamarocruiser
United States

PI-TYR-IASIS  - noun.. A state of euphoria.experienced when solving many maths problems using PI.  One can feel so happy that he sheds tears of joy. The only known cure is to eat a special pie pictured below.

PI =  a ratio of a circle perimeter to its diameter, approximately 3.14
Tyr = alternative spelling for tear 

-iasis = a condition 

20 Aug 2015     

isa2
Austria

pity-rias-is is the condition of feeling sorrow for rivers drowing in salt water

20 Aug 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

It �s a nasty disease where people become overwhelmed with sorrow for others � difficult plights and they can �t focus on their own lives. They sink under the weight of all the pity they feel. 

21 Aug 2015     

isa2
Austria

It �s a condition that overcomes female teachers when they correct their students � tests. They think of all the sorrow that they cause with an F grade. So they pity the victims of their strictness so much that  they cannot help giving a better grade.

Bildergebnis für teacher gives better grade    

21 Aug 2015