Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help with Cinema Club - Marie Antoinette    

Help with Cinema Club - Marie Antoinette

Geovane
Brazil

Help with Cinema Club - Marie Antoinette

Hello dear friends, 

I need some help from you!

At the school I teach we have what we call Cinema Club. Each teacher presents a movie to the students and then discusses topics of the movie with them. They are teens-adults. I choose  the movie Marie Antoinette from Sofia Coppola (which is a movie I like very much)... But nothing comes to my mind about what we could debate from the movie. The only thing I can think of is about the soundtrack, nothing more... Could you please help me?

Thank you so much!!! 

26 Aug 2015      

valodra
France

Hello,

I �ve found this worksheet here : http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=487923

Can it help ?
Val 

26 Aug 2015     

Geovane
Brazil

Hello Valodra, 

I took a look at it, but it �s mostly grammar.

Thank you for your help. :D 

26 Aug 2015     

fathi
Tunisia

Hi,

I have not seen the film, but i think you can discuss the used  film techniques  such as mise en scene,  sound/music effects, costumes, make up...

wishing u the best

26 Aug 2015     

cukurova
Turkey

I watched the movie and I remember that I loved it! As far as I remember,that movie shows a very different side of Marie Antoinette.In contrast to her infamous reputation in history,Antoinette in the movie is actually a woman who cares about public.She is also like a little girl who wants to have fun despite all the restrictions and dullness of being a royal.It is a very colourful movie.These things I mentioned may be some discussion points-but of course,they are just my impressions,you may not agree:) Good luck!

26 Aug 2015     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Would this be of any help?
This article also has some questions for debate about her personality. 

26 Aug 2015     

Anafeitoza
Brazil

Hello,
I haven �t seen the movie, but why don �t you compare habits seen in the movie with the habits people have now a days? I am pretty sure there are a lot of differences. Other thing that is interesting to talk about is Monarchy. Try to get interesting aspects the main character has to face because of the Monarchy they live on....
Well.... These are some ideas... I hope it could help you!... Good lucky! 

26 Aug 2015     

Anafeitoza
Brazil

* Good LUCK!

26 Aug 2015     

Geovane
Brazil

Thank you so much dear friends!!!

You helped me a lot!! 

27 Aug 2015     

kali81
Peru

You may want to discuss their traditions, way of dressing, eating, flirting in comparison to our modern society. Good luck!!

27 Aug 2015