Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Amazing students!!    

Amazing students!!

S�lvia73
Portugal

LOL We really should put all of this on paper and write a book! it �d be a bestseller!!!!!

23 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

That �s not a bad idea at all, Silvia! Not at all ... hmmm ... Ermm

23 Feb 2009     

S�lvia73
Portugal

Getting ideas, Ivona?! Wink

23 Feb 2009     

alexcure
Poland

I don �t have such problems at all, it;s because in Poland geography is well-taught and students are taught not only the geography of Poland and Europe but also of the whole world.

PS. In Poland Iwona is a popular name, ;-).

23 Feb 2009     

Akanah
Spain

@ alexcure

in Spain it �s also taught, but maybe it �s done too late: Spanish geography is taught when kids are 11-12, and whole world one when they are 14-15. Depending on what they want to study (science, humanistics...) they �ll keep on doing it or not.

I think that the problem is that kids just don �t care. For them, knowledge is not the path to happiness,  but only a stone on it...

By the way, if you speak Spanish and wanna have fun, take a look at this:

bye :)

23 Feb 2009     

alexcure
Poland

Akanah, thank you for the answer. Here, students have to learn geography and many other subject regardles what they want to study later on, we have an obligatory set we have to study till we are 18. And it is treated very strict.

But of course there is also a tendency, among the students,  of caring less than it was in the past. I am lucky to have students who do care... and are really good.

The worst situation that I have come across was in England where ADULTS did not know at all about any other country apart from France!!!

Thank you Akanah for the Spanish links, I study the language and will read it with pleasure. I have a funny student blooper History of the world (from an American college) I �ll try to find it online to give you its link.

Have a good evening!!!!

23 Feb 2009     

alexcure
Poland

PS. Here �s an interesting site in English: http://www.etni.org.il/students/bloopers.htm

23 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

"My daughter is three, and my son is half past one." LOL

23 Feb 2009     

S�lvia73
Portugal

"I �m very constipated" (the idea is: I �ve caught a cold, but in Portuguese we say "constipado") LOL

23 Feb 2009     

Akanah
Spain

@ Silvia 73

jajajajaja, it �s amazing how kids adapt their own language. It happens a lot among my students too. 

24 Feb 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >