Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help please >>    

Help please >>

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

Help please >>

Hi,

Can you tell me what is the correct option, please ?

1- travelling by ( air  -  plane  )?

2- travelling by ( sea  -  ship  )? 

2 Sep 2015      

korova-daisy
Russian Federation

Both variants are possible. But you travel not by plane but by helicopter or some other air vehicle, use travel by air.

If you travel not by ship but by boat, submarine or some other water vehicle, use travel by sea. Travelling by plane/ ship shows the specific kind of transport.

2 Sep 2015     

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

Thank you

2 Sep 2015     

DTCF
Turkey

Can you tell me what the correct option is?  NOT   Can you tell me what is the correct option?

Thank You!

3 Sep 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hi DTCF, I tried sending you a pm, but something is wrong with your account and it couldn �t be sent. I just wanted to mention that it is considered rude to correct people �s English on the forum and you should send a pm. In any case, the way the question was posed is fine. 

3 Sep 2015     

Gi2gi
Georgia

Absolutely, Lynne! Dtcf, no matter how perfect your knowledge of the Reported Questions is, you might not feel entitled to such responses. And, this is a friendly remark!

3 Sep 2015