Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Course book for Polish child    

Course book for Polish child

dawnmain
United Kingdom

Course book for Polish child

Hi

I work in an international school in Spain.  A new 8 year old Polish boy has started who doesnt speak English or Spanish.
Can anyone recommend a course book which is geared to Polish students but with TB in English?
thanks

13 Sep 2015      

joannajs
Poland

Unfortunately, books which would have some instructions in Polish would have TB in Polish, too :-( On the plus side they often have pictograms apart from instructions (eg. draw and a picture of a crayon). I guess you �d have to use body language, drawings etc. which will be good in the long term for that student. Are the other students better / more advanced than the Polish one? If not, I wouldn �t worry that much. If you �d like, I �ll be happy to translate some words you might need (classroom language into Polish) - perhaps it will be time effective at the start :-)

14 Sep 2015