Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Super Bummer!    

Super Bummer!

libertybelle
United States

Super Bummer!

I just browsed through the new worksheets and saw lots of stolen worksheets.
Is that a super bummer or what?

Some people have no shame.
Well, shame on them.
I �m embarrassed to be associated with people who call themselves teachers, and steal other people �s work.
Hrumphhhhhhhhh!!! (sound of disgust!)

L

24 Feb 2009      

Ivona
Serbia

And i just downloaded sth stolen ... Should have read the comment first ... Bummer.

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=184941#thetop

Told you my Queen ... lots of dishonest people on your court ...

24 Feb 2009     

mkyllo
United States

Perhaps you should let us know which ones are stolen, so that we can stop downloading their materials-

24 Feb 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

The link doesn �t work!!!!!!

24 Feb 2009     

anaisabel001
Spain

I AGREE WITH mkyllo
GOOD NIGHT EVERYBODY!!!!!!

24 Feb 2009     

ironda
Spain

I agree with you!!! but the worse is that people still download them. they don �t even care if a ws is stolen!
that �s a shame

24 Feb 2009     

zoemorosini
United States

I WANT TO KNOW whom to avoid!  How can I keep from downloading things that have been stolen?

Sincerely,

zoemorosini

24 Feb 2009     

MissMelissa12
Peru

I really have not idea when a worksheet is stolen unless it has a comment on it. We �ll need everyone �s cooperation to detect the stolen worksheet and then report it to Victor and also report it on the forum, this way we all will be warned.

Its everybody �s job!!

Thanks to the ones who are always checking and warning us from these stolen worksheets!

Miss Melissa. Hug

24 Feb 2009     

Logos
Malaysia

I think the system of pointing out that a worksheet is stolen is adequate in that if you report it, by selecting the appropriate box at the bottom of the comments then Victor will take appropriate action. 

Then by adding a comment about the origin of the worksheet, subsequent people who visit the worksheet before it is deleted, should be made aware of how they can find it without downloading it from the errant contributor.

I do, however, have one more suggestion and I don �t know if it is technically possible.  Could the comments appear not in the order they are made, but the last comment appears at the top.

Many people looking for a worksheet choose it because it is useful and do not always bother to check all the comments, which may indeed be favourable from people who do not know the worksheet is stolen.  A later comment may appear at the bottom informing that the sheet is stolen, but cannot be seen by someone who wants to download it quickly.

If the last comment made could be at the top, then anyone writing in a comment about the sheet being stolen would have their comment at the top of the list, and hopefully downloaders would see this quite easily and not add to the comment and be directed to the appropriate worksheet.

What do you think - technically possible Victor?

24 Feb 2009     

agkk
Turkey

Another idea come to my mind. I don �t know if it is possible or not but besides the comments, there can be another part which shows the downloaders. I mean when you download a worksheet your username appers in that list.

It my help twp things: First: We can see who has downloaded our worksheets (and you know sometimes we do not have time to write comments, but this may help somewhow)

Second: We can see the downloaders of stolen worksheets and this may prevent those to download stolen in order not to appear in the list.

What do you think?

Victor is it possible?

Thanks everybody.

24 Feb 2009