Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Student with low english level according to his age.    

Student with low english level according to his age.

anuska8
Spain

Student with low english level according to his age.

Hi dear friends!

I teach a student who is 11 years old. He has to pass the age in his school but his english level is so low, in fact he does not distinguish basic grammar rules (present simple in the three forms, etc.)

I don �t know how to teach all these concepts. For example, his firs exam is about present simple, have got, can and question forms of them. It is so much information for him due to I have only one hour per week to help him and his parents does not like extra homework. Moreover, he has got ADHD with lots of concentration problems.

I need help!! I know it seems imposible, but I don �t know if my work is done correctly.

Thanks in advance!

Ana.  

27 Sep 2015      

maryse pey�
France

One thing which can help is to make cards with the main words : DO, DOES, DID, CAN and the ones you will always find in the sentences. Then create a card for the S of the simple present (affirmative form - 3rd person of the singular) and others more general for the VERB WITHOUT TO, the SUBJECTf...

When you have a specific sentence make your student create new cards with the words of the sentence and ask him to put them on the right category (adjective...).

Then make him place the cards in the right order.

Generally this kind of game works.

Look at your private mail.

Hugs.

Maryse.

27 Sep 2015