Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Help! Removed worksheet    

Help! Removed worksheet

school subjects 1979
Tunisia

Help! Removed worksheet

Could you please help me! My worksheet was removed for the following reason : it is not an ESL resource.

15 Nov 2015      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

What was the subject matter? Sometimes wss (for this reason - not an esl resource) are removed if there are questions without the text required to answer them, or if there is a listening exercise without a link or a transcript. Maths activities, drawing activities, or front covers/stickers are usually removed. It might help if we keep this discussion on the forum, then contributors can get an idea of what the moderators remove wss for. (They don �t always agree with each other, by the way). 

15 Nov 2015     

David Lisgo
Japan

A listening activity without anything to listen to cannot be considered an ESL resource and this seems to be the case with your own worksheet. Read the rules and guidelines and try again.

Good luck!

15 Nov 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Actually, David, I can �t see that particular rule anywhere, which is why I thought it might be worth giving this post an airing. A number of colleagues send brilliant wss, but because a link or transcript isn �t included, they get this response and they are mystified. 
Have I just missed this rule and is it as large as life somewhere?  if so, I will go to Specsavers! 
Thanks,
Lynne 

15 Nov 2015     

David Lisgo
Japan

Not a rule Lynne, just common sense IMO. That being said most of the transcripts in worksheets seem to come from ESL websites and to copy and paste them to your own worksheet is against the rules, so a link to the transcript is what is needed and wished for by the websites themselves so that they can get more traffic. This particular worksheet may have more than a problem with just the listening section: http://engleza-fse.edu.ro/?q=content/fjn-4238-a1-r I get your point and believe that if the listening is a minor part of the otherwise good worksheet then it need not be reported. A grey area, perhaps, and not easy to demarcate.

David

15 Nov 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Thanks David. I do agree it �s common sense. It �s just that sometimes a great ws with a tiny listening part (that any teacher could ad lib) is removed and I do find this a bit over-zealous. 

Lynne 

15 Nov 2015     

douglas
United States

I have to agree with Lynne, the lack of a link should not be a grounds for removal. However, if David says there was more to it. then that �s a whole other matter.

Cheers,
Douglas

16 Nov 2015     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I think that a listing worksheet without a link is useless. If the author doesn �t have a link to a tiny part, so why send the tiny part? Brilliant worksheets normally are complete because the author has read the rules and is thinking what he is doing. So, if there is no link, what can an other teacher do with the worksheet?

16 Nov 2015     

kwsp
United States

Pressed for time recently I downloaded a bunch of new submissions with the intention of looking them over later. When I got back to them several days later, one of the worksheets was almost entirely "translate these English sentences into _____ language". That worksheet promptly went into the recycle bin. I rarely download listening worksheets, but for some reason the worksheets I do download have often had "Translate this" or also they may have the directions in the submitter �s native language. I usually delete them from my computer because I just don �t care to go through and fix everything.

school subjects 1979, I don �t know about your particular situation, but I myself submitted something once that was removed for not being an ESL resource. After looking at it more thoroughly I realized the moderators were right, added some exercises to it and the problem was fixed! Hope things work out for you!

kwsp 

16 Nov 2015