Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Just another goal    

Just another goal

Hbomb84
Spain

Just another goal

I just posted a blog at the link above for those of you who want to get a bit of sport and fun in the classroom. The worksheet should appear on here tomorrow. 

Enjoy.

19 Nov 2015      

Hbomb84
Spain

Just a quick question as to how exactly this is spam. It �s a worksheet I �ve uploaded to this site with a link to the lesson plan. Not spam, clearly just materials.

19 Nov 2015     

almaz
United Kingdom

It�s not spam, Harry. Obviously, some people on this site either have no idea what spam is or are just plain malicious. I�ve clicked "This is not spam" � because it patently isn�t spam; I wonder if those who�ve clicked "This is spam" can perhaps tell us why they think it is?

Alex 

19 Nov 2015     

Gi2gi
Georgia

what classroom activity would you suggest with the link you have provided?

The rules written by the creator of this site says:

Don �t use the forum to advertise your worksheets or other users � worksheets. (You can do it if another member asks for a specific content or topic). 

Some may argue that "advertising" has  to do with the "money", but I have a creepy feeling that this is not something that the "rule" implies.

&

Almaz :) would you explain as to why PRECISELY  this is NOT a spam?! 

19 Nov 2015     

Mariethe House
France

This is what the webmaster says:

Please, don �t use the forum to advertise your worksheets or other users � worksheets. There are hundreds of contrubutions every day, and it would be annoying if everybody did the same.

I didn �t realize The member was advertizing her ws. Just thought she was referring to her blog which is perfectly alright to do.

As for money, it �s just my opinion! Once I  had a big argument with a member advertizing nearly everyday for her paying site but contributing for free on this site .The webmaster intervened and said nothing was wrong with advertizing for your paying site as long as you were an active member at ESL  Confused

19 Nov 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hi Mariethe darling, I well remember that one! Boy, we all had a good set-to!  
I should think that by now, Harry has realised the error of his ways.

19 Nov 2015     

almaz
United Kingdom

Harry has every right to link to his blog, and I for one am glad he did � it�s informative, entertaining, relevant and practical as well as free. Alerting members to a related worksheet doesn�t amount to spam, as far as I�m concerned. The anti-spam button was put on because of the inordinate amount of real spam that was being posted - not for facilitating petty complaints about minor (or even imagined) breaches of the rules at the expense of common sense. For those who hit the spam button, if you really felt there was some sort of infraction, you could have pm�d him.

Alex 

19 Nov 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

It might not be spam in the sense of �real spam � but I don �t think anyone needs to get on their high horse about it - Mariethe has highlighted the rule here, which as all rules, should apply to all or none. And I don �t think anyone who has �hit the spam button � is �plain malicious �. Seriously, we need some proportion with language here! A minor infraction, sure. 

19 Nov 2015     

almaz
United Kingdom

No, we need perspective.

19 Nov 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

You do. We always end up agreeing. Wink

19 Nov 2015     

Hbomb84
Spain

I for one am generally glad when people offer ideas for other sites to visit, especially free ones. I spend a good chunck of my free time writing my blog and preparing materials for all to use. I simply put it on here to give others the chance to use my ideas and materials and, thus have an awful lot less planning and to do. We �re all teachers here and it �s nice to have a helping hand. 
I �m not trying to promote anything, I �m not trying to mke money out of anyone I �m just trying to help.

In future I �ll keep the ideas and materials I prepare, often for teacher training and conferences, to myself. Because as we all know that �s exactly what this site is about.

Thanks to all of those who offered your support and I apologise profusley to those who I offended with my vicious, constant posting of spam.

20 Nov 2015     

1    2    Next >