Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > fce exam and job satisfaction or earn a good salary text    

fce exam and job satisfaction or earn a good salary text

Pedro14
Spain

fce exam and job satisfaction or earn a good salary text

Hi there,
hope you have all have a nice weekend. I wonder whether there is any techer who knows or who corrects FCE exams who may answer to my question. When writing the essay is it compulsory to write any title for it? If so, should it be the same question given in the exam or a different one? There seems to be no agreement on this matter as different publishers claim different things. As for when writing an article, they must add a heading to it, as it is one of the features of this piece of writing. However, can they use the one given in the exercise or should they make up their own one.? Are they severily penalized for these?
Does anyone knowwhere i could find an article or text over job satisfaction or earning a good salary? It must be fce level.
thanks a lot in advance for your time and help. 

29 Nov 2015      

joannajs
Poland

Hi Pedro,

Guessing from the official Cambridge mateials like the Handbook where they publish sample scrips with examiners comments and marks and my own experience, giving an essay or an article a title is an advantage (i.e. it �s going to make an even more positive impression on the examiner) but probably not a must. However, all of the high-scoring texts had titles. The titles were own creations of the author, since the tasks were formulated as questions or extended instructions rather than something conscise and catchy that could apply.

Just in case have a look at www.cambridgeenglish.org  to see sample writing papers :-)

best,

joanna 

1 Dec 2015