Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Donations?    

Donations?

benicio
Brazil

Donations?

I disagree with the paypal banner. I know is optional to donate but it does not take to much money to keep a sever healthy and working. If I donate I want to know what is the money use for. I don �t think a site like this should ask for donations

25 Feb 2009      

NightEvans
Brazil

I don �t quite agree with you, Benicio. I believe Victor Gayol had this amazing idea when he created eslprintables.com, a free service for teachers worldwide, and if keeping the server "healthy and working" has become exceedingly expensive, why shouldn �t he ask us for help? Everything here is for free; we are actually using the service someone else is paying for. I think it �s only fair that those who are able to donate do so in order to preserve this valuable website.

25 Feb 2009     

donapeter
Romania

Victor wrote a message some days/weeks ago and explained everything. He needs a bigger server. This one is too small and it can fail. I don �t think he wants to become a mogul with our money.
And as you said...it is optional.
D
PS. other sites with teaching resources ask money to provide materials. WE should say a big THANK YOU that we can take ws for free.

25 Feb 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi, Benicio
If there is one good thing in the world, that is for sure our freedom of choice.
So, in my humble opinion, if there is any slight thing here, in ESL, which you don �t like, you are free to go and look for any other site.
Obviously Victor makes the rules and, you will be amazed, very soon, the long list of answers you will get and, everybody will support Victor.
Goodbye, have a nice day.

25 Feb 2009     

freddie
Canada

As an ESLprintables addict...I`ll pay for my daily shots of forum antics and excellent ELT resources! with pleasure Smile and I did donate a couple of weeks ago.

On a more serious note though it is important to understand the why of it so here is Victor`s explanation for any who don`t know already.

This is an incredibly valuable service to the ESL Teachers of the WORLD!! Those of us who use it regularly know its` value. But those who don`t feel the same or don`t have extra pocket money around to give, don`t have to give anything, and are more than welcome to continue our community. Smile

25 Feb 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Benicio,
As far as I �m concerned, I �d be willing to pay a membership to have access to this site. Contributing $$$ for a server is the least anyone can do to enable us to get free stuff every day.
The fact that I have access to the biggest bank of  ESL printables for free is something I am very grateful for.

25 Feb 2009     

chobby
Mexico

Benicio:

I don �t think you realize the importance of this site for all his/her regular users, there has been people that have offered to pay for the worksheets here, but you know there are rules, you have to contribute with your own works in order to download anything.

Anyway a small contribution is all he �s asking, or whatever money you can donate, I feel bad because I haven �t been able to contribute, I tried but I don �t use credits cards, all I have is debit cards, and I tried to transfer money from my account to Victor �s account but I learnt from my bank that I have to have an account on Euros to do that, so I gave up for now.

Does anybody know another way to do that?

25 Feb 2009     

Mietz
Germany

@ donapeter
As far as I �ve read, the server is new and has been replaced. I think the page that opens from time to time when you lock in, is just the old one. The text - I think - isn �t new. I don �t mind a reminder from time to time, though I �d probably rather prefer it elsewhere.
In the end - people who don �t want to pay, won �t pay anyway.

By the way - thanks to everybody again, who is contributing to making this site THE BEST for ESL teachers. Clap

25 Feb 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Mietz is right. The server here is new and everything has been transferred already.
That happened a couple of weeks ago. Victor has already thanked everyone who helped.
And believe me - I �d help again and again and again.
This site and all the contributions have saved me hours and hours of work.
Not to forget all the sharing of ideas too and friendships that we �ve made.

26 Feb 2009     

douglas
United States

Quite honestly,

If Victor gets a little extra money and can take a smll vacation with it--more power to him, he deserves it.  If you don �t want to donate then don �t, but I don �t think you should knock Victor for giving the opportunity to those who want to donate.  I guarantee the time he has put into this site is worth much more than he is getting out of out it.  We are the ones that are benefiting from all his work (and idea).

Douglas 

26 Feb 2009