Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Phrasal Verbs Battleships    

Phrasal Verbs Battleships

Hbomb84
Spain

Phrasal Verbs Battleships

I spent this morning sitting in a Cambridge seminar thinking and talking about various techniques for the Use of English and Reading exams. There was a huge amount of idea sharing and some wonderful idea.
At one stage the speaker asked us if we had any interesting ways of teaching our students phrasal verbs. I piped up with my idea of phrasal verb battle ships mixed with (Cambridge) speaking part 1. So for those of you who´re interested the materials and a quick lesson plan can all be found here on my blog.

Thanks for your time and I hope you find it useful.

Have a great weekend everyone.

18 Dec 2015      

spinney
United Kingdom

I think I was supposed to go to that (Hotel Silken Al-Andalus?). In the end, sitting here in bed sick as a dog. Was it any good?
By the way, the battleship phrasal verb game is well worth a try. Very good idea. 

18 Dec 2015     

Hbomb84
Spain

That �s right mate. It was pretty useful.

Get well soon. You �ve only got 2 working days til a nice big holiday. 

18 Dec 2015     

Hbomb84
Spain

What �s even better is it was in the same room as my wedding reception

18 Dec 2015     

spinney
United Kingdom

Nice one! You must have felt at home. Anyway, I suppose I �ll have to catch it next time round. 

18 Dec 2015