Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > help please-past continuous    

help please-past continuous

oceanussss
Turkey

help please-past continuous

Hello everyone!

I am going to be observed by a teacher trainer on Monday and I need to prepare a lesson plan with a focus on past progressive. My students are already familiar with this structure so the lesson is not gonna be a presentation of a new grammar topic, it has to be a kind of revision which deepends and clarifies the past progressive. The level is pre-intermediate. Can you give me ideas and suggest activities? 

19 Feb 2016      

martinasvabova
Czech Republic

I do this activity: Two students leave the classroom. Then I give each student a card with a sentence, e.g. Yo are eating spaghetti, playing the guitar, etc. Then I call the two students back. When they enter, their classmates start performing the activities on their cards. They go on for let �s say 1 minute. Then they stop. The two try to remember who was doing what when they entered. Who can remember more is the winner.

19 Feb 2016     

guorkhan
Turkey

Have a look at this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9t4rt7M6wU

19 Feb 2016     

margaserranoflo
Spain

What about this movie segment:
It �s about the film Elizabethtown and it mixes past simple and past continuous 

19 Feb 2016     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

In my neck of the woods - England - we must include group and pair work, or there is no chance of a good observation rating. I like to use guorkhan �s ppt of that youtube clip - as it �s impressive and involves a bit of reading - maybe towards the beginning of the lesson if they already know the tense format. For a low ability class, we play Splat! with it. Two ss come out and you say, or an advanced student says �This guy was reading his newspaper when the car hit the tree � etc.. First to touch it wins. For some pair work, prepare some cards that the students can work on together - or use them as prompts for the writing work.
I really like martina �s idea.  Or you could give each student an action card that they have to do - scratch your head/look out the window/ ride a horse whatever. Then you come through the classroom door and pick individuals asking, �What were you doing when I came in? � Some people teach it as a detective thing - alibi - maybe someone knows of such a resource on here? It �s not a lesson plan - just a few ideas and good luck!

20 Feb 2016     

shaik sonia
Australia

i am not able to download ur worksheets pls tell me the process how to download

20 Feb 2016     

SVieira
Portugal

Shaik, this is a sharing platform. That means you need points to download anything here. In order to gst points, you need to upload some contributions (created by yourself) and two days later the points will be credited to your account (each download your contributions get is worth one point), and downloading will then be available to you. Check the rules (you can find the link to them at the top of the entrance page) in order to see it all explained with greater detail. This will for sure contribute to make eslprintables richer, and you will certainly enjoy it! Sandra

20 Feb 2016