Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Favourite Writers    

Favourite Writers

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Can �t be tempted with a Mills and Boon, then, Dale?  

31 Mar 2016     

Jayho
Australia

Great post Dale!

I really only have time to listen to novels these days and I find them so relaxing in this fast paced life. My iPod is constantly with me. I download them for free from my local library - there are literally thousands available.

This year I have read/listened to Ruth Rendell, Hamish McBeth (MC Beaton), John Le Carre, Peter Temple, Peter Carey, Frank Moorhouse, Tim Winton, Georgette Heyer, DH Lawrence, Colleen McCullough and a few by Susan Hill. My current one is Go set a watchman by Harper Lee, narrated by the lovely Reece Witherspoon.

I too belong to goodreads and I participate in a literary exploration book challenge there - I choose the insane level: 36  genres in a  year! This is the most amazing book challenge and I love it because it makes me explore other genres (inc pulp)

The funniest book I read last year was The Rosie Project, so if you need a really good laugh, try it.  If you like Sheldon on the Big Bang Theory then this book will have you ROFL.

I have added everyone�s suggestions into my good reads �to read� list and hope to read (listen) to some of them soon.

Cheers

Jayho

31 Mar 2016     

Matthew@ELSP
Japan

I feel out of place as I have read only one fiction book that is anything like a detective novel.

So far, everyone seems to like those.

Anyway that was Michael Crichton �s Airframe - an accident investigation novel - which is fantastic.

Anything by Michael Crichton, all of the Song Of Ice And Fire (Game Of Thrones) books over and over (but not the TV shows) by George R R Martin, and the books that got me into reading for pleasure as a young adult.... James Herriot �s fictionalized true stories about being a vet in Yorkshire (The U.K.) in the 1930s~1960s. You may think that stories about a vet �s life and work are not very interesting, and perhaps written by some other authors they are not, but his books are so well written and so engaging that you feel you really know the people he writes about.

So that �s Michael Crichton �s stuff - especially sci fi kind of stuff, Epic saga medieval style stories and any James Herriot book besides the very last one. 

31 Mar 2016     

olena linchuk
Ukraine

I am a devoted Jo Nesbo fan and I have read all the Harry novels. I was just addicted to his books. After I finished one book I couldn �t wait to read another one. Looking forward to the movie. I would highly recommend the novels of Karen Rose if you are into this genre. I adore this author. If you read "I can see you", you will get hooked on Rose �s books. 

1 Apr 2016     

florimago
Spain

I love  the books by Ken Follet ....I still like reading them in paper    , a great feeling to have one of them in my hands , the thicker the better , though difficult to handle with, it´s true ! The same happens to me with photographs ....just a romantic ! 

1 Apr 2016     

< Previous   1    2