Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Opportunity    

Opportunity

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Opportunity

I �ve just switched on the news and some very interesting news is breaking, literally as I write. I like to be quick off the mark, so I �m sharing! Intelligent life has been discovered on Mars, but they don �t speak English. An opportunity has therefore arisen - funded by the UK government - to go and teach it. First class rocket travel provided, food and lodging. Salary negotiable. Let me know if anyone is interested in this fantastic opportunity. Unfortunately, my chinchilla is ill, so I can �t go myself. 

1 Apr 2016      

Mariethe House
France

Poor chinchilla! Give him some fish on April 1stWink . quick recovery guaranteed! 

1 Apr 2016     

maryse pey�
France

I am greatly interested too but unfortunately I have to take care of my ill golden fish... Just let me know if there will be another rocket to go there.

By the way how is the doctor to cure the chinchillas called ?

1 Apr 2016     

karagozian
France

Dear Lynne, I like your humour and sense of creativity.

1 Apr 2016     

florimago
Spain

Hhhhhh, speedy recovery for your chinchilla ...... meanwhile in Spain , dealing with a skinny cat that just arrived home yesterday , after flirting with all the girls in the neighbour , I �m afraid it´s not the best moment for me either ! 

1 Apr 2016     

spied-d-aignel
France

This  supposed intelligence on Mars may be  my dear Hugo , a dumb pupil who understands nothing and learns nothing whom I forgot there  during my last trip to London  with a Spanish bus driver who nearly rocketed us in space ( he was driving so fast!!!!!!)So if anyone finds  him on Mars  please do send him back here in France!!!!!

1 Apr 2016     

redcamarocruiser
United States

I will spread the word. Thanks for this interesting piece of news, Lynne!

1 Apr 2016     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Thanks for your replies. I am reliably informed it was a false alarm... they do speak English, after all! 
There are reports of a French speaker called Hugo who is charging a fortune for English tuition. You obviously taught that boy well, Sylvie. 

1 Apr 2016     

manonski (f)
Canada

Saw that they were opening a department store too: Walmars

1 Apr 2016     

MoodyMoody
United States

Pfft, any good comic book reader (or viewer of Supergirl) knows that the Martian Manhunter speaks perfectly good English.

1 Apr 2016